Although most of what PGS offers is free to the public, those things are not truly free, they are supported by dues.
We are proud that our dues are low at only $17 a year for individuals and $25 for two persons in the same household. We have a healthy membership that supports us so we can continue to keep dues low and offer most of our services for free. Below is a list of things your dues make possible. If you find those things to be of value to you in your family history research, support us with your dues contribution.
- Books for the collection
- Selected subscription databases (Newspapers.com, Godfrey Library, History Geo)
- Support of our many volunteers who assist patrons 1-on-1 in their research
- Support of our curriculum of over 50 classes and discussion groups
- PGS membership and visibility in national and state organizations (FGS, NGS, FSGS)
- Program speakers at monthly meetings
- Speakers at our semiannual lecture series
- Annual seminar speakers and support costs
- Various projects such as data transcription, cemetery canvassing, etc.
- Security in the financial future of PGS
- Maintaining the PGS office
- Maintaining the PGS website
- Various administrative and legal fees (insurance, bonding, state fees, etc.